Simple Spinach Salad
I was hosting a small Morganic lunch at one of our hotels the other day and as a starter, I included one of my favorite baby spinach salads. As easy as it is to make, and as simple the ingredients are- this salad is always refreshing and delicious. Needless to say, it was a success at the luncheon (and looked really bright and pretty on the plates!)
Baby Spinach Salad with Roasted Artichokes
(recipe for 2)
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 roasted artichokes (just clean artichokes, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for about 30-45 minutes at 180C (350F)
- ½ cup sundried cherry tomatoes (or dehydrated cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds (take pumpkin seeds and heat a pan on medium and sauté until they get a tiny bit browned. Do not burn!)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Once all the ingredients of the salad have been prepared, throw together on a plate or in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients (you can change the proportions based on personal taste…I tend to like my vinaigrette tart).
- Either drizzle the dressing over the plated salads or toss all together in a bowl and serve.