Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF/Grain Free/Vegan)
I am such an American. So American that no matter how many years I have lived in Italy, I would pick chocolate chip cookies over panna cotta tiramisu any day. I love cookies. (Chocolate chip cookies to be exact). I am always honing my chocolate chip cookie making skills and searching out new recipes.
The other day, I came across a recipe for quinoa chocolate chip cookies (by one of my faves, Chocolate Covered Katie!) and decided to give them a go, making a few changes based on my tastes and the ingredients I had on hand. The cookies were delicious. They had a somewhat nutty flavor and were moist and obviously chocolaty.
This recipe only yields six cookies so I would double it because six were definitely not enough!!!
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 4 tbsp organic raw coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips (I just broke apart a bar of “Conscious Chocolate” raw dark chocolate bar)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 150C (310F) and place baking paper on a baking or cooking tray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate small to medium bowl, whisk together the milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
- Stir until a uniform batter is formed.
- Shape into balls and place on the cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (they will seem a bit undercooked but will harden as they cool. Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes)
Here is the original recipe: Chocolate Covered Katie: Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies