Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter Glaze
And here’s the accompanying recipe to Saturday’s post…
Peanut butter and chocolate. A combination made in heaven.
I am always trying to find ways to unite these two ridiculously delicious ingredients, from smoothies to pancakes to the occasional banana sandwich! Considering the success of the last black bean brownies I made, I thought I would recreate the recipe. Only this time, I decided make a peanut butter glaze component to complement the gooey chocolatyness (not a word. I know)…. and voila…a new Morganic favorite was born!
Here is the original recipe for the brownies: Black Bean Brownies (Vegan/GF) Recipe
For the peanut butter glaze/frosting:
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Heat the ingredients in a small pan over low heat, whisking constantly
- Once the cocoa butter has almost melted completely
- Take the pan off the heat and continue to whisk until the cocoa butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and a bit glossy
- Let cool for about 10 minutes to let thicken (not in the fridge though!)