Chocolate Strawberry Oats (Vegan/GF/Refined Sugar Free)
If you have followed my blog for at least a minute, you have been made aware of my intense love of all things chocolate. Although I do my best to limit its intake and make sure to mainly use raw, unrefined, unsweetened cocoa…I do probably eat something chocolate at least once a day.
Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening, sometimes all day long. The other day I had a mad hankering for chocolate as I woke up to thunder and lighting and to make my world a little brighter, I made this:
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ sliced banana
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey (you can use agave or maple syrup)
- 5 chopped strawberries
- Sliced strawberries
- Cocoa nibs
- Coconut milk (full fat)
- Place the oats and almond milk over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Stir for about 2 minutes and add the other ingredients
- Stir for another 4-5 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed (cooking time generally depends on the size and texture of the oats)
- Top, serve and enjoy!!